Strictly Come Dancing 2017 – New Head Judge Shirley Ballas

Shirley Ballas, is now part of Strictly Come Dancing 2017 – New Head Judge replacing Len Goodman. Shirley Ballas the British-born Ballroom and Latin dancer and international coach, is now confirmed as our new judge on Strictly Come Dancing. Former ‘British Open to the World’ Champion, furthermore, European, German, United Kingdom, United States and International Latin American Champion.

Shirley Ballas “Queen of Latin”

Shirley ranks at the top and one of the most decorated professional dancers in the world. She is three-time ‘British Open to the World’ Latin American Champion, 10-time United States Latin American Champion, and multiple-times British National Champion. By the age of 21, Shirley had won nearly every major title she competed in worldwide. Therefore she is the only person to have ever won the British Open to the World Latin American Championships in Blackpool with two different partners. Shirley reached the finals an impressive 17 times. Consequently she still remains the youngest ever female to reach the ‘British Open to the World’ Dance Championship finals.

In 2017, Shirley will take over from Len Goodman as Head Judge and will have the casting vote in the dance-off. Len announced last year that he was stepping down at the end of the 14th series.

'"

Shirley says:

“I am so excited and over the moon at this wonderful opportunity. I am looking forward to getting to the ballroom and be part of the incredible and respected judging panel. Strictly is so loved by the British public, I am a massive fan. I just can’t wait!”

Darcey Bussell says:

“I look forward to meeting Shirley and welcoming her to our Strictly team. Her years of experience in Ballroom and Latin dancing are impressive. I’m sure she will be a great addition to our judging panel.”

Craig Revel Horwood says:

“Fantastic news that Shirley will be joining me and the other judges on the panel. I look forward to working with her on the next series of Strictly Come Dancing 2017!”

Bruno Tonioli says

“I know Shirley well – she is an incredible Latin dancer and trainer, she will be a great addition to the Strictly team.”

Louise Rainbow, Executive Producer of Strictly says:

“I am thrilled that Shirley Ballas is going to join our judging panel. The calibre of applicants for this role are exceptional but with her wealth of experience as a World Champion dancer, teacher and judge, she is the perfect fit for Strictly Come Dancing 2017.”

Charlotte Moore, Director of BBC Content says:

“Len’s are big shoes to fill, but the ‘Queen of Latin’ is the ideal new Strictly judge. Shirley Ballas is a British ballroom expert whose credentials speak for themselves; she’s going to be a fabulous addition to the best judging panel in showbiz!”

First Class Dance School – Ballroom and Latin Dance Classes are commencing at the end of September to enhance your Strictly journey. First Class Dance lessons are available NOW in Dorchester, Bridport & Weymouth. Keep up to date with what’s coming soon as places are limited, enquire here

The UK Open to the World Ballroom and Latin Championships are coming to the BIC in Bournemouth Dorset 17th & 18th January. Book to see the best Ballroom and Latin Dancers in the World ….. right here !!!